Thursday, July 21, 2016



Word of God
But he answering, said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Gospel According to Matthew 4:4

Psalm 18:20-24
Prefaced & Edited by Doktor Riktor Von Zhades

20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the pureness of mine hand he recompensed me: 21 Because I kept the ways of the Lord, and did not wickedly against my God. 22 For all his laws were before me, and I did not cast away his commandments from me. 23 I was upright also with him, and have kept me from my wickedness.

Brethren:

It is understood that we cannot obtain salvation through our own works. However it does not mean that would should discard walking in the righteous ways of our Redeemer. The best ways are to do good to all men, live peaceably as the Apostle Paul wrote, (Read Romans 12:18), keep the Word of God ever before you in your daily studies, (Read Psalm 119:2), and in your daily routines. (Read Psalm 61:8; Hebrews 11:6) Seek no retribution against others, (Read Romans 12:17; 1 Peter 3:11 ).
Dr. Riktor Von Zhades - Humble servant of Christ our Redeemer.

Here, David reflects with comfort upon his own integrity, and rejoices in the testimony of his conscience that he had had his conversation in godly sincerity and not with fleshly wisdom, (Read 2 Corinthians 1:12). His deliverances were an evidence of this, and this was the great comfort of his deliverances. His enemies had misrepresented him, and perhaps, when his troubles continued long, he began to suspect himself; but, when God visibly took his part, he had both the credit and the comfort of his righteousness.
He had kept firmly to his duty, and had not departed, not wickedly, not wilfully departed, from his God. Those that forsake the ways of the Lord do, in effect, depart from their God, and it is a wicked thing to do so. But though we are conscious to ourselves of many a stumble, and many a false step taken, yet if we recover ourselves by repentance, and go on in the way of our duty, it shall not be construed into a departure, for it is not a wicked departure, from our God. That he had kept his eye upon the rule of God’s commands, and had a respect to them all, despised none as little, disliked none as hard, but made it my care and business to conform to them all. His statutes I did not put away from me, out of my sight, out of my mind, but kept my eye always upon them, and did not as those who, because they would quit the ways of the Lord, desire not the knowledge of those ways.That he had kept himself from his iniquity, and thereby had approved himself upright before God. Constant care to abstain from that sin, whatever it be, which most easily besets us, and to mortify the habit of it, will be a good evidence for us that we are upright before God. As David’s deliverances cleared his integrity, so did the exaltation of Christ clear his, and for ever roll away the reproach that was cast upon him; and therefore he is said to be justified in the Spirit. (Read 1 Tim. 3:16). Matthew Henry 17th Century Theologian


No comments:

Post a Comment