Saturday, July 16, 2016



Word of God
But he answering, said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Gospel According to Matthew 4:4

Psalm 18:1-3
Prefaced & Edited by Doktor Riktor Von Zhades

1 I will love thee dearly, O Lord my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and he that delivereth me, my God and my strength: in him will I trust, my shield, the horn also of my salvation, and my refuge. 3 I will call upon the Lord, which is worthy to be praised: so shall I be safe from mine enemies.

Brethren:

Who but the Lord can save, for there is none like Him (Read Job 12:9; Joel 2:32; ). The wisdom of man, while extensive, cannot bring salvation. It can be well intended, but it cannot grant grace. And man’s wisdom will not, nor cannot bring atonement for our sins.

Friends, it therefore behooves us, to trust in Him, to allow Him to be our rock upon which we stand. Our fortress in times of distress. And with all of that it is our duty to praise, for He is worthy to be praised. (Read 2 Samuel 22:4, Psalm 145:3)
Dr. Riktor Von Zhades - Servant of Christ

This psalm of praise and victory was written and sung after the Lord made David king of all Israel and gave him victory over the nations that opposed his rule (2 Sam. 5; 8; 10). [Also] quotations and allusions are found in Psalm 116. No matter how much Saul persecuted David, David did not consider Saul his enemy. “Deliver” is one of the key words in the psalm. It’s possible that the new king used this song at a national day of prayer and praise to give thanks to the Lord for His manifold mercies to Israel. David the servant of God told the people what God had done for him, so the [psalm] blends worship and witness. The focus of the psalm is on the Lord and what He graciously did for His servant, but it also tells us what He can do for us today if we will trust and obey.”
Warren Wiersbe - American Theologian, Pastor and Christian Educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment