Monday, April 9, 2018

A Study of Psalm Thirty Four
Verse Four

4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me: yea, he delivered me out of all my fear
GNV Translation

4 I sought the LORD, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my terrors
JPS Translation

Brethren:

Daily it behooves us to seek the Lord. Place all trust in Him to deliver, and be joyful in all things. In Psalm 23 we read the verses:

4 Yea, though I should walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. 5 Thou dost prepare a table before me in the sight of mine adversaries: thou dost anoint mine head with oil, and my cup runneth over.

Even death cannot hold sway over the believer because Christ has conquered death. Furthermore, the Lord delights in providing the benefits of Providence upon our heads. All things will fade into the background, all fears, shall the believer overcome.

This is the reason and cause of his gratitude. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me out of all my fears. This answers to the history; for when David heard what the servants of Achish said concerning him, "he laid up the words in his heart, and was greatly afraid," (See 1 Samuel 21:13). To save him, God caused the epileptic fit to seize him; and, in consequence, he was dismissed by Achish, as one whose defection from his master, and union with the Philistines, could be of no use, and thus David's life and honor were preserved.” Thomas Coke – Theologian









No comments:

Post a Comment