Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Gospel According to Mark
Chapter 14:27-31

27 Then Jesus said unto them, All ye shall be offended by me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.
28 But after that I am risen, I will go into Galilee before you.
29 And Peter said unto him, Although all men should be offended at thee, yet would not I.
30 Then Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, this day, even in this night before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
31 But he said more earnestly, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee: likewise also said they all.

Verse 28:

“This he says for their comfort, that though he, their shepherd, should be apprehended, condemned, and crucified, should be smitten with death, and be laid in the grave, yet he should rise again; and though they should be scattered abroad, yet should be gathered together again by him, their good shepherd; who would after his resurrection, appear to them, be at the head of them, and go before them, as a shepherd goes before his sheep: for it follows, I will go before you into Galilee; the native place of most, if not all of them. The women [Read Matthew 28:1-10]that came to the sepulchre after Christ's resurrection, were bid, both by the angel, and Christ himself, to remind the disciples of, and ordered them to go into Galilee, where they might expect to see him: accordingly they did go thither, and saw and worshipped him.” - John Gill - Theologian

No comments:

Post a Comment