Friday, September 29, 2017


The First Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Church at Corinth
Chapter 9:19-23

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all men, that I may win the more.
20 And unto the Jews, I become as a Jew, that I may win the Jews: to them that are under the Law, as though I were under the Law, that I may win them that are under the Law:
21 To them that are without Law, as though I were without Law, (when I am not without Law as pertaining to God, but am in the Law through Christ) that I may win them that are without Law:
22 To the weak I become as weak, that I may win the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 And this I do for the Gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Related Scripture:
Matthew 20:25-27; Acts 16:3; Romans 10:33; Galatians 2:3

Brethren:

We have often expounded upon the command by Jesus Christ to be the servant of all men. Recall friends, if you will how He washed the feet of the disciples so that He would show by example what this was to entail. (Read John 13:5-17)

As such, so did the Apostle Paul, sought to explain to the Corinthian church how they should also be all things to all men, to be the ultimate servant of God, in that they might bring others to the foot of the cross to seek redemption.







No comments:

Post a Comment