Sunday, December 11, 2016



Who Do You Seek?
by Doktor Riktor Von Zhades

Brethren:

Last evening, as I was preparing to retire, it was impressed upon my mind the question, “who do you seek?” Upon self examination, I began to confess, that I sought to seek out the wisdom of God’s word. To enrich my mind in it, to be able to understand it. Taking down notations, and searching for other sources, from great theologians to various translations. Constantly and with all good intent to learn more and more of His word.

Friends, the mind, is an amazing computer given unto us by the Creator. It desires knowledge, learning and understanding of all things made by Him, for such all things were done so. Yet, for me there was always a feeling of a piece, missing. It was a feeling of incompleteness. All that I had studied, and learned had come from in part reading God’s word, but also from the impressions and words of other men, who no doubt were strong in the word, and had much wisdom with which to impart, yet in the end, were still men. As such it was their thoughts, their comments on various topics based on scripture, that I was reading and studying.

Now, friends do not misunderstand, as stated above, there is much to be learned from those that have trod upon this temporal plane before, and those that still walk alongside us. And yet I still felt uneasy about my studies. The question or perhaps the realization came into focus that I had given myself over to study, that is to say my mind, and my lips had dedicated my heart, but, my heart had somehow held back a small part of itself. It was as if, while being baptized, and confessing, Him, my heart hadn’t been fully given.

As I drifted of to sleep, I thought of the Gospel of John, and how it was different from the preceding three of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Each of those spoke of the Christ, from a different viewpoint, yet all three were interlocked with each other. However, John, speaks upon the deity of the Christ, the Messiah. Therefore, I determined to read John in its entirety, chapter by chapter, without notations, without aids, but to just read, and meditate.

Now in the Gospel of John, we encounter, a man, likewise named John, known to us today as John the Baptist. It was he that began to prepare the way, the path for the Light of the World to bring us grace and mercy. When inquired by the scribes, as to who he was that they might, “give answer to those that sent us", John replied that he was “one crying in the wilderness”, to bring men to repentance and to be baptized by water to be open to the One that would soon come. For that One would baptize with the Holy Spirit all that confessed Him. Yet those that sent the scribes did not go to inquire themselves.

Who do we seek? Are we to be as the pharisees, sending others to gather info for us, or are we going to find and read for ourselves? Henceforth brothers, give heed to good words from good men, for as Paul has written we are to think upon and consider all things, of good report, that are noble and are in line with God’s word and wisdom. But also, open your Bibles, and see for yourselves. Seek Him, while he may be found. Meditate upon His words. Give not only your mind, and the sacrifice of praise of your mouths, but your whole heart. You will be joyously rewarded.


No comments:

Post a Comment