Sunday, August 14, 2016



The Unrepentant Reprobate
by Doktor Riktor Von Zhades

4 For it is impossible that they which were once lightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted of the good word of God, and of the powers of the world to come, 6 If they fall away, should be renewed again by repentance: seeing they crucify again to themselves the Son of God, and make a mock of him.
GNV Translation - Ed. 1599

4 For when people have once been enlightened, tasted the heavenly gift, become sharers in the Ruach HaKodesh, 5 and tasted the goodness of God’s Word and the powers of the ‘olam haba — 6 and then have fallen away — it is impossible to renew them so that they turn from their sin, as long as for themselves they keep executing the Son of God on the stake all over again and keep holding him up to public contempt.
CJB Translation - Current Online Translation

4. Except they cannot rest on baptism for one time and receive the gift from heaven and receive the Holy Spirit, 5. And taste the Manifestation of grace from Allaha and the power of eternity* to come, 6. And then again commit sin, so as they may be renewed in grace from the beginning, and again crucify the Son of Allaha from the beginning and reenter the covenant.
Aramaic Translation - Vic Alexander - Current Online Translation

Brethren:
Allow this editor to preface the sermon by stating the following:

If the wages of sin (Passion) be death eternal, then conversely the blessings of righteousness (Patience) be life eternal. Keep this in mind as we read today’s sermon

Last week we spoke upon the blessings of Patience, and the curse of Passion, (the two boys from Bunyan’s Pilgrims Progress) and how the latter would lead towards becoming so hardened against the word of God. Such is the man that we will see below, known as the “man in the iron cage” who tasted the fruits of blessings of God, but sought to seek out the lusts of the carnal flesh even more so, and thereby rejected that word in the end.

Herein below read the dialogue from Bunyan’s book


So he took him by the hand again, and led him into a very dark room, where there sat a man in an iron cage. Now the man, to look on, seemed very sad; he sat with his eyes looking down to the ground, his hands folded together, and he sighed as if he would break his heart. Then said Christian, What means this? At which the Interpreter bid him talk with the man
Then said Christian to the man, What art thou? The man answered, I am what I was not once.
CHRISTIAN:
What wast thou once?
THE MAN: The man said, I was once a fair and flourishing professor, (Read Luke 8:13), both in mine own eyes, and also in the eyes of others: I once was, as I thought, fair for the celestial city, and had then even joy at the thoughts that I should get thither.
CHRISTIAN:
Well, but what art thou now?
THE MAN:
I am now a man of despair, and am shut up in it, as in this iron cage. I cannot get
out; Oh now I cannot!
CHRISTIAN: But how camest thou into this condition?
THE MAN: I left off to watch and be sober: I laid the reins upon the neck of my lusts; I sinned
against the light of the word, and the goodness of God; I have grieved the Spirit, and he is gone; I
tempted the devil, and he is come to me; I have provoked God to anger, and he has left me: I have
so hardened my heart, that I cannot repent.
Then said Christian to the Interpreter, But is there no hope for such a man as this? Ask him,
said the Interpreter.
CHRISTIAN: Then said Christian, Is there no hope, but you must be kept in the iron cage of
despair?
THE MAN: No, none at all.
CHRISTIAN: Why, the Son of the Blessed is very pitiful.
THE MAN: I have crucified him to myself afresh, (Read Hebrews 6:6); I have despised his person, (Read Luke 19:14); I have despised his righteousness; I have counted his blood an unholy thing; I have done despite to the spirit of grace, (Read Hebrews 10:29): therefore I have shut myself out of all the promises and there now remains to me nothing but threatenings, dreadful threatenings, faithful threatenings of certain judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour me as an adversary.
CHRISTIAN: For what did you bring yourself into this condition?
THE MAN: For the lusts, pleasures, and profits of this world; in the enjoyment of which I did then promise myself much delight: but now every one of those things also bite me, and gnaw me
like a burning worm.
CHRISTIAN: But canst thou not now repent and turn?
THE MAN: God hath denied me repentance. His word gives me no encouragement to believe; yea, himself hath shut me up in this iron cage: nor can all the men in the world let me out. Oh eternity! eternity! how shall I grapple with the misery that I must meet with in eternity?
INTERPRETER: Then said the Interpreter to Christian, Let this man’s misery be remembered
by thee, and be an everlasting caution to thee”

My friends, do you not see how that lusts of the flesh can lead to destruction? Above dialogue with the man in the cage indicates how, when we receive the good news of the Gospel of Christ that is to say the Gospel of Grace and Redemption and then, like the one whose word is choked out by thorns or fallen upon stoney ground (Read Mark 4:16-19), as such fall away, and return to the desires of the flesh, and the carnal wisdom that is put forth by man?

Friends I beseech you, turn from that path, and continue onward upon the straight and narrow road. Turn neither left, nor right, (Read Deuteronomy 28:14; Joshua 1:7; Proverbs 4:26-27;Hebrews 12:12-13). Keep your eyes and heart secured and focused on the goal, that being the entering of the Kingdom of Heaven. Seek not the riches of this temporal plain, but seek you first the kingdom of Heaven (Read Matthew 6:33)

Also recall from last week, how we read about Esau and the prodigal son. Yet there was a subtle difference; the former, upon losing the blessings of his father, Issac, lamented and cried out how it was unfair, but could no longer repent, for it was too late as he openly renounced his need for inheritance, in fact it hardened his heart even more so as it brought forth hatred of his brother Jacob within it. The latter, the prodigal son, was able to see the error of his ways, and sought to repent with his father, even going so far as to renounce his kinship with him and become an ordinary servant.
* Literal translation of the word “eternity”; the universe - Source Vic Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment