Wednesday, March 27, 2013




My Daily Meditation

4 But when that bountifulness and that love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
5 Not by the works of righteousness, which we had done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of the new birth, and the renewing of the holy Ghost,
6 Which he shed on us abundantly, through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 That we, being justified by his grace, should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
The Epistle to Titus Chapter 3:4-7

4 But God which is rich in mercy, through his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead by sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, by whose grace ye are saved,
The Epistle to the Ephesians Chapter 2:4-5

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a [a]lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
The First Epistle of Peter Chapter 1:3

Read One Psalm a Day
Psalm Eighty Nine

1 I will sing the mercies of the Lord forever: with
my mouth will I declare thy truth from generation
to generation.
2 For I said, Mercy shall be set up forever: thy
truth shalt thou stablish in the very heavens.
3 I have made a covenant with my chosen: I have
sworn to David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I stablish forever, and set up thy
throne from generation to generation. Selah.
5 O Lord, even the heavens shall praise thy
wondrous work: yea, thy truth in the Congregation
of the Saints.
6 For who is equal to the Lord in the heaven? and
who is like the Lord among the sons of the gods?
7 God is very terrible in the assembly of the Saints,
and to be reverenced above all that are about him.
8 O Lord God of hosts, who is like unto thee, which
art a mighty Lord, and thy truth is about thee?
9 Thou rulest the raging of the Sea: when the
waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
10 Thou hast beaten down Rahab as a man
slain: thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy
mighty arm.
11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine:
thou hast laid the foundation of the world, and all
that therein is.
12 Thou hast created the North and the South:
Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy Name.
13 Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand,
and high is thy right hand.
14 Righteousness and equity
shall walk in the light of thy countenance, O Lord.
16 They shall rejoice continually in thy Name, and
in thy righteousness shall they exalt themselves.
17 For thou art the glory of their strength, and
by thy favor our horns shall be exalted. (a)
18 For our shield appertaineth to the Lord, and
our King to the Holy one of Israel.
19 Thou spakest then in a vision unto thine
Holy one, and saidest, I have laid help upon one
that is mighty: I have exalted one chosen out of
the people.
20 I have found David my servant: with mine holy
oil have I anointed him.
21 Therefore mine hand shall be established with
him, and mine arm shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not oppress him, neither shall
the wicked hurt him.
23 But I will destroy his foes before his face, and
plague them that hate him.
24 My truth also and my mercy shall be with him,
and in my Name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right
hand in the floods.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my Father, my
God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than
the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore,
and my Covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure forever,
and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 But if his children forsake my Law, and walk
not in my judgments:
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my
commandments:
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the
rod, and their iniquity with strokes.
33 Yet my loving kindness will I not take from
him, neither will I falsify my truth.
34 My Covenant will I not break, nor alter the
thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 I have sworn once by mine holiness, that I will
not fail David, saying,
36 His seed shall endure forever, and his throne
shall be as the sun before me.
37 He shall be established for evermore as the moon,
and as a faithful witness in the heaven. Selah.
38 But thou hast rejected and abhorred, thou hast
been angry with thine anointed.
39 Thou hast broken the Covenant of thy servant,
and profaned his crown, casting it on the ground.
40 Thou hast broken down all his walls: thou hast
laid his fortresses in ruin.
41 All that go by the way, spoil him: he is a rebuke
unto his neighbors.
42 Thou hast set up the right hand of his enemies,
and made all his adversaries to rejoice.
43 Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword,
and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
44 Thou hast caused his dignity to decay, and cast
his throne to the ground.
45 The days of his youth hast thou shortened,
and covered him with shame. Selah.
46 Lord, how long wilt thou hide thyself, forever?
shall thy wrath burn like fire?
47 Remember of what time I am: wherefore shouldest
thou create in vain all the children of men?
48 What man liveth, and shall not see death?
shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?
Selah.
49 Lord, where are thy former mercies, which thou
swarest unto David in thy truth?
50 Remember, O Lord, the rebuke of thy servants,
which I bear in my bosom of all the mighty people.
51 For thine enemies have reproached thee, O
Lord, because they have reproached the footsteps
of thine Anointed. (b)
52 Praised be the Lord for evermore. So be it, even
so be it.

(a) Editor’s notation - Read Psalm 84:5-7
(b) Editor’s notation - Read John 15:18

No comments:

Post a Comment