Tuesday, March 6, 2012


BannerFans.com

The Book of Hosea
Chapter 2
Verses 16, 19-20

16 And at that day, saith the Lord, thou shalt call
me Ishi, (a) and shalt call me no more Baali,(b)
19 And I will marry thee unto me forever: yea,
I will marry thee unto me in righteousness, and in
judgment, and in mercy, and in compassion.
20 I will even marry thee unto me in faithfulness,
and thou shalt know the Lord.

Related Scripture

Hosea 6:6; Hosea 4:1; Hosea 13:4; Isaiah 43:11; Isaiah 54:5; Isaiah 61:10; Isaiah 62:4-5; Jeremiah 3:14; Jeremiah 31:11, 33-34; Joel 2:16; John 17:3; 2 Corinthians 11:2; 

Editor suggests reading John 15:9-7 & John 13:1-19 for additional meditation (c)

 Editor notations;
(a) That is, mine husband, knowing that I am joined to thee by
an inviolable covenant.
(b) That is, my master: which name was applied to their idols
(c)  I have included these two passages of scripture for they relate the same idea. This is to say that our Lord, is our Lord, but he also puts us higher than just servants. We are His children, His creation, and as such we are in His image. His image is of righteousness, purity. As such we then are as Paul the Apostle had written in his Second Epistle to the Corinthians, as a pure virgin bride to Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment