Monday, February 20, 2012




BannerFans.com


The Third Epistle of John

1 The Elder unto the beloved Gaius whom I
love in the truth.
2 Beloved, I wish chiefly that thou prosperedst
and faredst well as thy soul prospereth.
3 For I rejoiceth greatly when the brethren came
and testified of the truth that is in thee, how thou
walkest in the truth.
4 I have no greater joy than these, that is, to hear
that my sons walk in verity.
5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully, whatsoever
thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers,
6 Which bore witness of thy love before the
Churches, Whom if thou bringest on their journey as
it seemeth according to God, thou shalt do well,
7 Because that for his Name’s sake they went
forth, and took nothing of the Gentiles.
8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we
might be helpers to the truth.
9 I wrote unto the Church, but Diotrephes
which loveth to have the preeminence among them,
receiveth us not.
10 Wherefore if I come, I will call to your remembrance
his deeds which he doeth, prattling
against us with malicious words, and not therewith
content, neither he himself receiveth the brethren,
but forbideth them that would, and trusteth them
out of the Church.
11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that
which is good: he that doeth well is of God: but he
that doeth evil, hath not seen God. (a)
12 Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of
the truth itself: yea, and we ourselves bear record,
and ye know that our record is true.
13 I have many things to write: but I will not with
ink and pen write unto thee:
14 For I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall
speak mouth to mouth. Peace be with thee. The
friends salute thee. Greet thy friends by name.

(a) Editor suggests reading 1 Corinthians 13 for additional meditation

Related Scripture

Psalm 34:14; Psalm 37:27; Isaiah 1:16-17; Romans 12:17-18; Romans 14:19; 1 Corinthians 7:15; Hebrews 12:14; 1 Timothy 6:11; 1 Thessalonians 5:15; 2 Timothy 2:22; 1 John 2:29; 1 John 3:10; Matthew 5:44; 1 Peter 3:19; Proverbs 20:22; Proverbs 24:29;


No comments:

Post a Comment