Sunday, November 27, 2011




Realizing God's Plan In Life (Part Six)
by Archibald T. Robertson
Edited by R.P. Woitowitz Sr.

12 Wherefore my beloved, as ye have always obeyed me, not as in my presence only, but now
much more in mine absence, so make an end of your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both the will and the deed, even of his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without murmuring and reasonings,
15 That ye may be blameless, and pure, and the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of
a naughty and crooked nation, among whom ye shine as blights in the world,
16 Holding forth the word of life, that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither have labored in vain.
17 Yea, and though I be offered up upon the sacrifice, and service of your faith, I am glad, and
rejoice with you all.
18 For the same cause also be ye glad, and rejoice with me.

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Philippians Chapter 2 Verses 12-18

Mutual Joy (verses 17-18)

"I joy and rejoice with you all," says Paul. He is glad by himself to make the offering of his life, if this supreme sacrifice is demanded. He will not shrink back, but will meet it gladly, and all the more readily since he can share his joy with them. Fellowship is a blessed reality. Paul is glad on his own account that he has been the instrument in their salvation . He is still more joyful at the experiences of grace which they have in Christ. Joy is not selfish, but wishes company. The woman in who found her lost piece of money called in her women friends and said: "Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I had lost." So the shepherd who found the one lost sheep said to his friends: "Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost" So the father says: "Make merry, for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found." (Luke 15:6, 9, 20-24). The child all aglow with his Christmas toys wishes other children to come and share his joys. "And in the same manner do ye also joy, and rejoice with me." Play up to your part of the joy. Plutarch tells of the messenger from Marathon who expired on the first threshold in Athens with these words on his lips: "Rejoice and we rejoice." Nowhere in the Epistle is Paul so insistent about joy as here. The Christian is rich in his joy in Christ. What joy it will be in heaven to tell the story of the triumph of Christ over sin in your life and in mine. ( Isaiah 61:10; Job 33:26; Romans 14:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment