Monday, August 17, 2020

2 Timothy 4:7-8 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

7 I have fought a good fight, and have finished my course: I have kept the faith.
For henceforth is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord the righteous Judge shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love that his appearing.

18 And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be praise for ever and ever, Amen.

Lord, thank You for the day yesterday. The singing was very good, and I appreciate Your hand in it. I ask now that you help me to read Your word with wisdom and understanding – amen

Brethren:

When we reach the end of our pilgrimage here on this temporal plane of existence we an assured that God will keep His promise and reward us with the crown at the end of the race. R.P. Woitowitz Sr.

“PAUL’S long day’s work is nearly done. He is a prisoner in Rome, all but forsaken by his friends, in hourly expectation of another summons before Nero. To appear before him was, he says, like putting his head into ‘the mouth of the lion.’ His horizon was darkened by sad anticipations of decaying faith and growing corruptions in the Church. What a road he had travelled since that day when, on the way to Damascus, he saw the living Christ, and heard the words of His mouth! t had been but a failure of a life, if judged by ordinary standards. He had suffered the loss of all things, had thrown away position and prospects, had exposed himself to sorrows and toils, had been all his days a poor man and solitary, had been hunted, despised, laughed at by Jew and Gentile, worried and badgered even by so-called brethren, loved the less, the more he loved. And now the end is near. A prison-and the-headsman’s sword are the world’s wages to its best teacher. When Nero is on the throne, the only possible place for Paul is a dungeon opening on to the scaffold. Better to be the martyr than the Caesar!" - Alexander Maclaren

No comments:

Post a Comment