Monday, January 8, 2018

The Gospel According to Mark
Chapter 9:3, 39-41

37 Whosoever shall receive one of such little children in my Name, receiveth me: and whosoever receiveth me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man that can do a miracle by my Name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
40 For whosoever is not against us, is on our part.
41 And whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink for my Name’s sake, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.



Brethren:


We have been commissioned to be disciples of Christ. Therefore it is our duty to bring to the world the news of the Gospel. We are, as stated above and likewise written by Paul the Apostle; one body in Christ. We are not, to use the analogy by Paul, the foot, the head, the hand etc. We are to work together as one functioning body. Without the foot, the body cannot walk, without the head, the body cannot think, without the hand, we cannot work. All of these and more are needed to be one body, one mind in and of Christ.


Now, without Christ, we cannot be of the Father. For Christ, Himself has stated that he knocks on the door (See Revelation 3:20), and He and the Father likewise dwell with us for His Holy Spirit is within us. (See 1 John 4:13)


No house can stand divided against itself

No comments:

Post a Comment