Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Daily Meditation - John 5:31 - 47

Bookmark and Share

Amen Me!


The Greater Witness
John :31 - 47


31 If I should bear witness of myself, my witnesswere not true.
32 There is another that beareth witness of me,and I know that the witness, which he beareth ofme, is true.
33 Ye sent unto John, and he bore witness untothe truth.
34 But I receive not the record of man: neverthelessthese things I say, that ye might be saved. (a)
35 He was a burning and a shining candle: andye would for a season have rejoiced in his light.
36 But I have greater witness than the witness ofJohn: for the works which the Father hath given meto finish, the same works that I do, bear witness ofme, that the Father sent me. (b)
37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me,beareth witness of me. Ye have not heard his voiceat any time, neither have ye seen his shape.
38 And his word have you not abiding in you: forwhom he hath sent, him ye believed not.
39 Search the Scriptures: for in them ye thinkto have eternal life, and they are they which testifyof me. (c)
40 But ye will not come to me, that ye mighthave life. (d)
41 I receive not the praise of men. (e)
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love ofGod in you. (f)
43 I am come in my Father’s Name, and ye receiveme not: if another shall come in his own name, himwill ye receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honor oneof another, and seek not the honor that cometh ofGod alone?
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to myFather: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses,in whom ye trust.
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would havebelieved me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall yebelieve my words (g)

(a) Verse 34
Isaiah 55:9
John 1:13, 15, 19, 27, 32

(b) Verse 36
John 8:181
John 5:8 - 9

(c) Verse 39
Isaiah 8:20, 34:16

(d) Verse 40
John 1:11

(e) Verse 41
1 Thessalonians 2:6

(f) Verse 42
1 John 3:6

(g) Verse 45 - 47
Genesis 3:15
Deuteronomy 18:15

No comments:

Post a Comment